Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pink Chocolate Chip Cookies


Pink Chocolate Chip Cookies


Everything is always better when its pink. That being said, my room looks like you stepped into a bottle of pepto-bismol. My roommate in college hates pink. Unfortunately for her, all of the stuff that I brought to college was pink. Our room was half pink and half purple/black. It was actually pretty comical. 

I made these cookies with whipped light cream cheese. I used half of the normal amount of butter I use for cookies, then substituted in the rest for the cream cheese. It made the cookies very light and fluffy. The texture was like one of the giant cookies you get from Costco. 


I haven't tried making colored food before. I added 10 small drops of pink food coloring. I wish I had added more though. The cookies stayed pretty true to the color that the dough was.



I made the balls of dough pretty small when I put them on the cookie sheet. After baking, they ended up being HUGE. This may have to do with the cream cheese instead of the butter. 



The only downside to the pink color is it is hard to tell when they are done. Since the cookies won't brown as normal chocolate chip cookies due, you will have to check the bottom. This however will turn golden brown. 

The cookies puffed up nicely too. The texture of these cookies was amazing. This is the second time I have made cookies with cream cheese and I will definitely be using cream cheese in more of my cookie recipes. That being said, I was happy with the ending result since I did bake these at 11pm Tuesday night. 

Ingredients

1/4 C butter (softened) 
1/4 C cream cheese
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 C chocolate chips
10 drops pink food coloring

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
1. Beat together the butter and the cream cheese. 
2. Cream this mixture with the sugar.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla. Then add in the food coloring.
4. Mix in the baking soda, salt, and flour
5. Fold in the chocolate chips
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms are brown or the cookies are browning slightly in some parts on top.


0 comments:

Post a Comment