Sunday, May 12, 2013

Double fudge oreo brownies


Double Fudge Oreo Brownies



Addictive, amazing, almost to good to be true. These are my new favorite brownies. Why? The brownie layer itself is fudgy and gooey, the oreo layer sandwiched between the brownie layers stayed soft as well, but the oreo caramel layer on top provides a little crunch. 


I couldn't stop eating these. Correction, anyone who took one bite couldn't stop eating these. I don't think Im ever going to make brownies again without putting a layer of sweetened condensed milk and some sort of toppings on them. 





Let me explain the layering of these. When you first bite into these,  you start encounter a layer of sweetened condensed milk and oreo bites scattered over the top.


As you bite further, you will find a small brownie layer followed by a layer of whole oreos baked into the brownies. 

As you complete your bite, you find another layer of brownie that is thicker, denser, and much more fudgier then the first. 

I love how you can just see the melted chocolate at the bottom. 


All of this goodness, and it takes less time to make then you think! 
I mean, look at it, you could eat a normal brownie, which is good, or you could be eating this...


I had to get these out of my house, and I had to do it fast. Otherwise I would have eaten the whole pan. 


It was just sitting on the counter, calling out my name. Begging to be eaten. I mean I can't blame the brownies, they just want to share their chocolate chewy goodness with the world. 


One bite and you cant stop. 

These are actually really good brownies to make if you're on a diet. The feed my friends a bunch of sweets so I look smaller diet. Im not saying Im doing that... but I did share. 





Since these kids are all in college, if their degrees don't work out, they could always become brownie models.



I would also like to point out that these are almost fool proof to make.


Recipe:

1 box of ghirardelli brownie mix
1/4 C oil
1/4 C water
1 egg
1 package oreos
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9x9 pan, cover it in foil and spray with non stick spray
1. Combine the brownie mix, oil, water, and egg together in a bowl. The measurements for the oil, water, and egg were what was on the box of brownie mix I had
2. Layer 1/2 of the brownie batter into the pan. 
3. Arrange oreos covering the brownie layer
4. Spread the remaining batter on this layer of oreos. It is OK if the oreos are not completely covered in batter
5. Bake for 12 minutes
6. Take the brownies out, cover them in crushed oreos then pour the sweetened condensed milk on top. 
7. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
8. Let cool, cut, and enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment