Sunday, May 26, 2013

Jane's Cookies


Jane's Cookies



My dads fiance is a amazing english professor. One visit home I had made her cookies that she fell in love with. So this trip home I made a special batch just for her. She is going to bring me with her when she goes wedding cake testing which I am super excited about. I love cake.


I used my favorite baking chips in these cookies. They're a swirl of chocolate and white chocolate. I could eat a whole bag of them without even thinking about it. 


Unfortunately I didn't check the oven racks before I made these cookies. The oven is older so it heats up really well, however the cookie rack was little too close to the top so the tops browned before the whole cookie could fully bake. I did sample one right when they came out of the oven and I still think they were pretty good. Lets just hope she did!


The recipe is the same as my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe,  just using different baking chips. 


Recipe:

1/2 C butter (softened)
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 ounces chocolate chips

(Makes about 24 small cookies)

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. 
1. Cream together the butter and the sugars. 
2. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix.
3. Mix together the flour baking soda and salt and add this to the wet mixture. 
4. Fold in the chocolate chips. 
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment