Saturday, May 25, 2013

Almond Double Chip Cookies


Almond Double Chip Cookies



I think I've used vanilla extract in almost every recipe I've ever made. I decided to mix things up. Ever time I bake go to grab the vanilla extract, this little bottle of almond extract is always sitting right next to it. I really wanted to use it in some dessert, so I tried it in cookies. Im glad I did. It gives the cookies a unique and yummy flavor. The almond extract is not as intense of a flavor as the vanilla extract. These cookies still come out soft and chewy. 


The lighter color of these cookies comes from using only light brown sugar. Why did I use only light brown? Honestly just because I ran out of dark brown. 

This dough is also amazing. Its so light it reminds me of a frosting, but bakes into these beautiful cookies. 


Recipe:

1/2 C butter (softened)
1/2 C light brown sugar
1/4 C granulated sugar
2 tsp almond extract
1 egg
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/2 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C almond slivers 

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. 
1. Cream together the butter and the sugars. 
2. Add in the egg and almond extract and mix.
3. Mix together the flour baking soda and salt and add this to the wet mixture. 
4. Fold in the chips and almonds. 
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown at 350. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment