Friday, May 24, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Cookies



I have been working at a doctors office for the past quarter. I always talk about the stuff I have made so I wanted to bring some cookies into the office. I decided I wanted to do this about 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave for my organic chemistry lab. Having few baking ingredients in the house, I literally started throwing stuff in a bowl until a dough formed. I refrigerated while I was in lab and baked it when I got home. 


Since I was short on time and I couldn't make a more original recipe, like brownies stuffed in the cookies, I wanted the cookies to have a unique flavor. When I opened the cupboard the cinnamon caught my eye.


These cookies have the texture and chewiness of a chocolate chip cookie, but a flavor that reminds you of a snicker doodle. Either way they were a hit. 

The dough was a little denser then my classic go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe, however it was still tasty! ... not that I would eat any dough...


I also didn't have chocolate chips in the house. So I chopped up some candy bars and threw them in the mix. These are definitely a good cookie to try if you are tired of boring chocolate chip cookies.


Recipe:

1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1 egg
1/4 C butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2 C chocolate pieces

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl 
2. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the cookie sheet
3. Bake for 8-10 min

Note: feel free to add more or less cinnamon for preferred flavor. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment