Tuesday, June 25, 2013

HERSHEY'S SYRUP CAKE

Hershey's Syrup Cake


Well, this was an experiment. When the freshman moved out of their dorms, they didn't want to haul all of their stuff back home. I live in a house so I let them keep it in my living room. One of the freshman had a can of chocolate syrup, since it was already opened, and had to be refrigerated, she gave it to me. Since I am going home for the summer, I decided to use up all of the last ingredients in my house. Which involved the container of syrup. 


 I originally thought this was going to end up like brownies but surprise! the consistency was more like a cake. A very chocolatey cake.


After pouring the batter into the pan, I added a extra drizzle of Hershey's syrup on top. 



 The batter will be very thick. Feel free to add some chocolate chips to the mix. If you like the taste of Hershey's syrup then you will like this cake.


The cake was moist and stayed moist without sitting in an airtight container. 

Ingredients

1 1/4 C chocolate syrup
1 C flour
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C butter
1/2 C brown sugar 

Directions

Preheat oven to 350
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients
2. Add the syrup, egg, and butter to the dry ingredients and mix
3. Pour into a greased 9x9 or 8x8 pan. I drizzled more chocolate syrup over the batter once it was spread evenly in the pan.
4. Bake for 30 min. If you serve it warm with some chocolate frosting it will definitely satisfy any chocolate craving.




0 comments:

Post a Comment