Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Zucchini Brownies


Zucchini Brownies 



Me neighbor gave me a giant zucchini and 3 bags of chocolate chips. Obviously I had to turn it into some baked goods. I've made zucchini cookies before, which I loved. After making a batch of those, I still had a ton of shredded zucchini left. This was then turned into brownies


After biting into one of these brownies, you would  never know that they contain more then 2 cups of shredded zucchnini. They area also relatively healthy because only 1/2 cup of oil is used. These ended up being the most fudgy brownies I have ever had. They are light, moist, and chocolatey. 


At first I was skeptical of these. The batter seemed very dry, until the zucchini was added. When I gave these to some of my friends to try they were skeptical at first too... until they took a bite. It's almost impossible to tell that the main ingredient used is a vegetable. 


I'd say the zucchini was put to good use.


Ingredients:

1/2 C vegetable oil
1 1/2 C granulated sugar
2 C flour
1/4 C cocoa powder
2 1/8 C shredded zucchini
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 C chocolate chips 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 8x8 baking pan.
1. Combine the sugar, oil, and flour. The mixture will be very dry and crumbly. 
2. Add in the zucchini, it will add a lot of moisture. Then the cocoa powder, vanila slat, and baking soda
3. Fold in the chocolate chios
4. Pour the batter into the 8x8 pan. I lined mine with foil. 
5. Bake for 23-28 minutes or until brownies are set. Let cool, cut, and enjoy! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment