Monday, June 3, 2013

Banana Orange Bread


Banana Orange Bread



I came home for memorial day weekend. For some reason there was orange juice in the fridge. Which is rare. Especially considering I have to remind my dad to go out and buy milk for when I come home.


There was also some old bananas sitting on the counter. Being resourceful, I knew I must combine them to form something. We were missing some other important ingredients in the house so I had to substitute. Thus banana orange bread was born. A perfect way to use whatever fruit juice/fruit you may have laying around.


I didn't want this bread to be too sweet. So if you want a more dessert like bread go ahead and add more sugar. This one is breakfast approved. I brought it back to school with me and it became my breakfast for the week. 


Recipe:

1 C orange juice 
1 egg
2 bananas (smashed)
1 1/4 C sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C slivered almonds

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 bread pan. 
1. Combine the banana, sugar, oil, eggs, and orange juice
2. Add in the baking powder, salt, baking soda, flour and cinnamon. 
3. Add in the chopped almonds
4. Pour into 9x5 pan
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment