Monday, April 22, 2013

Cake Balls

Red Velvet Cake Balls

I fell like everyone has tried these. Since I always see them at Starbucks but have never had/made them, I decided now would be the perfect time! 

They're incredible simple to make. 
All you need is what is pictured below, cake mix, a can of frosting, and some chocolate. 


To make them, bake the cake as instructed. Then wait until it is cool. Once cool crumble it in a large bowl. Then add about 3/4 of the can of frosting and mash it all together. I used my hands. Why not?

Then you form the mixture into balls and refrigerate.

\

Once chilled, melt the chocolate you are using as instructed. I used normal chocolate chips and added some vegetable oil to make it smoother. Give each ball a quick dip in the chocolate then tap off the extra chocolate and put it on wax paper to set. At this point you can add sprinkles or whatever decorations you want. 

My sister is completely against sprinkles so we don't keep them in the house. Her theory, developed after seeing sprinkles at self serve yogurt places, is that they are pointless to add because they're just for looks and who cares if you're just going to eat it anyways. 


The finished result. Cake balls are smooth, soft, and it is impossible to eat just one.


0 comments:

Post a Comment