Saturday, April 27, 2013

Quick Dinner Goodness

Deep Dish Brownie 


So tonight I wanted to go to froyo life because I have a bad addiction to frozen yogurt, Gina said no why don't we make something here... and so it began. After googling tons of recipes, ranging from baked apples to cookies, she was getting fed up and hungry and proclaimed that she was just going to eat yogurt if I didn't make up my mind. 

This was at 7:36. I decided I had a 8 o'clock deadline for this dessert and ran into the kitchen. I put random stuff in a bowl and put it in the oven for 15min at 350 and hoped for the best. This was far better then the best. It looked so good we forgot to take a picture before we dug in. 


It has mixed flavor. I added cinnamon and apples to the batter. With the chocolate-ly gooeyness the cinnamon flavor really shined. This definitely isn't you're typical brownie but its worth trying. The apple added a nice crunch to the half baked brownie. The peanut butter chips were what really made it a home run. This has become my new go to brownie recipe. Don't be skeptical about the apples, Gina was at first, but then she had no problem scarfing down 3/4 of the pan of brownie.

 My attempt at showing the apple goodness.


This was about 3 min after it came out of the oven....


 You can just see the gooeyness! I love moist, half baked, gooey brownies.


Recipe:

1/4 C butter
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C granulated sugar
1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 egg 
1 handful of peanut butter chips
1 handful of chocolate chips
1 diced apple (doesn't need to be peeled)

Directions:

Prepare a 9x5 pan (standard loaf pan)
Preheat oven to 350
1. Cream butter and sugars together
2. Add the egg and vanilla
3. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
4. Add in the apple pieces and chips 
5. Bake for 15 min if you want a deep dish gooey brownie, or up the time to 20min if you want slice and serve brownies


0 comments:

Post a Comment